Thursday, February 4, 2010

Getting back to my roots

At my very first YL club in Woodland Park we made ice cream sundaes in a drain pipe. I met a lot of new friends and i even got asked to homecoming. I was hooked. Never missed a club after that in my two years of public high school.

Leadership has come and gone in Woodland Park, but somehow YL continues to impact kids and I am SO grateful my brother and sister were able to experience it during their high school careers.

This past Monday I went back to WP's YL club where there was 50 kids! My sister is on the student leadership team and this semester, the leaders have given the students a chance to give the talks. My sister was the first of many and she rocked it. I could not wipe the smile off of my face as she told her peers about how big God is and how most of us have tainted ideas of who He is and who He wants to be in our lives. I can't quite express to the the joy that filled my heart while revisiting club in WP. My mind was flooded with TONS of fun memories.
I am so proud of Beth for the ways she shines bright in a sometimes very dark community. She somehow manages to do EVERYTHING imaginable, in terms of involvement with her school but also never fails to love her Lord everyday, in every relationship and circumstance. I can't wait to see what incredible opportunities await her in Washington the next four years.

Thanks for sharing life with me Beth, you inspire me everyday!


1 comment:

  1. haileyyy :)) Thank you so much for this!! You are such a good writer- seriously! you articulate your thoughts so eloquently and even though its not long, it speaks so much!!

    i love you!! i love your most recent blog too ;) AH! so fun!

    ReplyDelete