Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Jehovah Jireh

This week I have seen the hand of God provide in such practical ways! In the lives of friends being short in this months bills and literally having someone approach them with a check for the exact amount. Or another friend who in one day managed to tear two of her favorite dresses, had a friend give her money to go shopping. Or my own family being offered free dental care and extra money to go on a trip.

It's humbling to express need. No one wants to say they 'need' help. No wonder so many people refuse to live for Jesus, that involves admitting we have a need to be saved. Every day.

I'm encouraged knowing He meets us there. This truth gives me hope for the seasons in my life when I will struggle financially, emotionally or spiritually. The Lord knows. In our greatest need, even in the petty things. He is there. That's why He's called Jehovah Jireh, the Great Provider.

Exodus 33:17
And the LORD said to Moses, "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name."

Psalm 40:17
Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.

Isaiah 58:11
The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

Matthew 6:8
...for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

No comments:

Post a Comment