Sunday, May 31, 2009

Listening

This week in our bible study we were reminded to listen to God. Well I did my best and the Lord did His best to speak. :) he spoke pretty divinely about these little rascals. They have been my pride and joy the past 2 years in WyldLife.

As 8th graders this year, I knew I wanted to do something special for them. So I had a slumber party. Yes, I know. Sounds like a nightmare. and I had been told NOT to do this, numerous times. Plus, looking back on slumber parties I attended, never turned out well. LOADS of drama, ruined friendships, etc etc. the list goes on. But I prayed and prayed and the Lord was gracious and gave me some advice about it. So I made a plan! These are my campaigner girls. They are my friends. They are my reminder that God uses the wea
k to do His mighty work! A few months ago I created this illustration for a bible study. Unfortunately we were never able to complete it. So i used this night to do that. At the beginning of the night I asked what each girl wanted to do throughout the night. I got answers like "have a good conversation", "talk about high school", "be happy", "play a game" and "watch a movie". That gave the night purpose and anticipation. It made the difference.

During the discussion it was amazing to watch girls really care about what each verse meant and how it applied to their lives. We tal
ked a good 30 minutes (alone) about the "Key" to our hearts. It was incredible watching the Lord work in their hearts. I was really concerned about the night, possible fighting, potential all-nighter status, etc. I covered the night in prayer. Prayed over my house, prayed over every activity we would do together. And God is faithful! He was in the conversations, games, food, laughter, movie (red eyes is amazing when you get screaming ahaha) and even SLEEP! They were all asleep by 230am!!

I could not have asked for a better night! Thank you jesus. Now do your handy work in their hearts for the rest of their lives! :)
audrey, gracie, nila, courtney and madeline getting ready to do chin-heads (videos on fb)courtney and nila were on the floor being silly. haha

chin heads are always hysterical
trying to work out a good set up for chin heads videos
audrey is a great cook and helped me make dinner. but her sarcasm got the best of her and i threw a noodle in her hair. haha. it was pretty darn hilarious

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious!!! I love it! I'm glad we share similar passions and hope to remain in contact... if not in person, then through blogs :)

    ReplyDelete