I'm ready to say it.
I'm working two jobs right now.
Gosh, how did this happen? The opportunity to expand my freelance work seems so exciting and invigorating until I realize how many HOURS i'm sitting in front of a computer every day. 10 hour days is not my favorite thing. Is this even what I want?
I happened to agree to a really lengthy freelance job right in the middle of the busiest season of my full-time job. Way to go, Hailey.
So yes, you could say I am overwhelmed. And honestly still struggling to even accept that I am a "working woman" to begin with. It feels pretty suffocating to juggle all of this, and yet somehow I know woman all over the world do the same thing in less than ideal situations.
I don't mean to complain, I just mean to remember this SEASON. That's all it is. A season of my life. I would have never ever thought of myself having a 6 year "career" at age 23. Frankly, I thought I'd have 3-4 kids by now. And even though that still terrifies me to think about, I know this season will pass and that season will arrive swiftly and in a beautifully abrupt way.
All in all, I'm reminded yet again for the 3 millionth time that my plans are feeble compared to the Father's. Even though I'm burned out from "working", I know God sees me and my struggle. Good thing He is familiar with ALL MY WAYS (psalm 139), for that I am very grateful and see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment