Thursday, December 17, 2009

Beauty in the Breakdown

"Don't ever discount the wonder of your tears. They can be healing waters and a stream of joy. Sometimes they are the best words the heart can speak." — William Young

There's something divinely beautiful about the transparency of the heart. Our brokenness reveals its nasty face when we are real with the hardship of this life. But somehow the presence of the Lord is beautifully evident in the fears, doubts, worries, loneliness and hopelessness.

His HOPE remains. His HOPE sustains.

My prayer is for renewal. For dear friends who desperately need His Peace, His Comfort. Carry us Lord through the storm.

In the words of lifehouse:
And I still see your reflection inside of my eyes
That are looking for purpose, they're still looking for life

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart that's still beating
In the pain is the healing
In your name I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on
I'm barely holdin' on to you

In closing, a 5 yr old gave me a "check up in the hospital" last night and said ... "well... your heart is still beating"

Grateful He walks with us, He holds us close and carries us in Truth.

2 comments: