Brit and I took a mini vaca last week to Northern Virginia to visit friends from camp and also to scope it out in case Brit wants to go on staff out there! We were there 5 days, here's the recap!
Day 1: Country Day (shout out to JGriffin who themed each day and let us stay at their beautiful home!) Birthday breakfast with the Griffins at Red Truck Bakery, adorable little place, known for making pies for the Obamas. We had lunch in Middleburg, VA at the Market Salamander with Greg Speier, the RD. Saw Linda Tripp working in a nearby store. Then we had a Wine Tasting! Yes please. It was delicious and the place was classy and cute.
Day 2: City day — Brit and I drove to parking garage near Vienna, VA (day before we drove thru paris, VA haha) and took the metro to DC. Toured the capitol, Natural History Museum, Air and Space Museum. Saw HOPE Diamond (47 carrots) and also saw Holly Tr
ees. Coolest thing. Romantic dinner at the Old Ebbitt Grill (blocks away from the White House). Afterwards we walked by the giant tree infront of the white house. It was a huge ceremony, 10,000 ppl, jordin sparks, ray lamontagne and the obamas were there. Glad we missed the crowd, were able to walk right up no problem. After that we walked around the Washington monument, WW11 Memorial and then walked over to the lincoln memorial. After ooing and awwing there, we sat on the steps. We overlooked the Washington Monument and the reflection in the pool ... And. It was a full moon. Before I knew it, we were kissing under the moon in DC. Unforgettable first kiss! Thanks Brit! :)
Really fun, full day. Note: Don't ever wear flats when walking through DC.
You will get blisters
miserable.
Day 3: Home day, Brit’s Birthday. Bought him lunch at this amazing restaurant in Warrenton, Iron Bridge Cafe got coffee and walked around barnes and noble. Then helped the Griffins get ready for their annual xmas party. They go all out! Such great hosts, lots of food, drinks and fun. So neat to watch the community come together. They have all known each other for practically their whole lives!
Day 4: Travel day. Woke up to snow. Cherries on top of an already amazing trip. It hardly ever snows in VA, so this was a miracle! Had brunch with Jenn!! Trecking through the snow while singing "Blue Christmas" and Chipmunk songs was fun, especially when we got to the airport only to realize I had forgotten my purse at Cracker Barrell haha. Luckily we made it back on time. Sat on the tarmac for an hour, which made us miss our connecting flight in
MN. We made the best of it, got free dinner and spent the night w/ my bff Katya. Even got a few hours in at the Mall of America.
Ah! you're back! It was so much fun seeing you guys, I don't think I realized that you got to hang out with Greg Spier! He is great, and I hope you enjoyed every minute of that! PS... I really really love that picture of us, I am completely stealing that from you. Peace and love babe!
ReplyDeleteyou clearly have more pictures that i haven't seen LOL this is adorable
ReplyDelete