Sometimes you see the heart of God and you can't help but pray.Recently the Lord has brought 3 little girls into my path who my heart just breaks for.
Jillian is a 4 year old girl who is in foster care with a family I know. She is a little "Cosette". For those of you who don't know, Cosette is an orphan in the story Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. It is a beautiful story of grace and redemption. And Cosette is a darling little girl who's mother died doing everything in her power to care for her daughter (even if it meant selling her hair/teeth and body). Little Jill's circumstances are maybe not that harsh, but there is no doubt about the fact that her parents have failed to love and care for her and now she has been given a second chance at that. Her little voice and long beautiful hair make this little girl a visible reminder to me of how much the Father loves her and how his heart breaks for her.
Madison is a Jill's sister. She is 8 and more desperate than ever for someone to love her. A little rougher on the edges, this girl is CRYING out (quite literally at times) for a father to love her. Looking in her eyes I see darkness and hurt. almost unable to function, her fragile heart shines through in the ways she acts out. O Heavenly Father scoop her up and heal little Madison.
Sweet corner girl. She lives quite literally on the curb of my block. There is some trashy apartments that are a little taste of urban for me. There is a few little girls who play out on the sidewalk right off the road day after day. I have never seen any sort of adults around. As they play in the dirt, I walk by often and get angry that no one seems to care for them. The other day I walked by and one little girl looks up says "hi". As i said hi back my heart truly broke. I turned the corner as tears welled up in my eyes. She has no one. Her circumstances are horrible. I cried to God for mercy, protection and hope.
John 14:18
I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
Leave your orphans; I will protect their lives.
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
You have been busy posting! Hailey, your heart for others is so beautiful, it is such an inspiration! I will pray for these girls too, these girls are so blessed to have someone like you in their lives to look past that acting out and love on them like Christ does. It only gets harder as they get older. Thanks for sharing your heart!
ReplyDelete