
Last weekend, a bunch of us were hanging out, playing mafia, eating stuffed peppers, laughing and enjoying one another. well, my friend kristi had to run home to clean out one of her rooms for her future roomies mom and sister to come check it out. i went with her. in the middle of folding clothes and sorting papers, Kristi says "hey! let's make snowballs and throw them at them as they walk up! we can throw them from the balcony!" I will never forget the flicker of childlike excitement i saw in her eyes. at the moment, NOTHING sounded more life-giving than going outside in the snow to make snow balls and laugh as our neighbors looked around in bewilderment as to what was falling from the sky! i finally gave in, after admitting that i hated snowball fights as as a child because i was always a target. We put our boots on (mine had heels, i was making a statement, although many friends have called them 'hooker' boots). the snow was perfect for packing into snow balls and we made our piles. both squatting on the sidewalk, we look absolutely ridiculous as cars drove by, but that flicker in Kristi's eyes lived on.
She looked breath-takingly beautiful. I saw more than just an excited 25 yr old, I saw a passionate, courageous, faithful women who isn't afraid do what she loves. She unashamedly follows her heart (as corny as that sounds). This women inspires me to give into those "childhood" moments, to pursue my dreams and to love people and Jesus more passionately than I ever thought possible.
Thanks Kristi Vana, way to have flickering eyes!
HA! I totally forgot that you took posed pictures! I love you too Hay, I"m glad you played along.
ReplyDelete