The house hunt continues, what a super amazing, completely stress-free process! I mean, I knew it would be tough, but this has been a roller coaster.
Basically, we want something we can't have. That happens a lot right? I'm trying to cling to these truths
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us - Ephesians 3:20
and
All things you ask and ask, believe that you have received them, and it will be granted to you.
Mark 11:24-25
Here's the deal. I believe God has a plan, something AWESOME. But, I worry. And with worrying, this is my complaint. "yeah, so God...um... I mean in 65 days I'm getting married, remember? So like, yeah, we kind of need somewhere...to like live...I mean, you have 65 days, sooooooo"
Pathetic I know. I mean, we are not short of hearing miracle stories especially for YL staff couples. We know at least 3 couples who have baller homes just because they knew people and God really provided big time. We'd love a place big enough to host people comfortably, to have Campaigners, etc. So is it wrong to expect that? Is it wrong to hope for that? Don't get me wrong, we're being realistic and there is tons of homes downtown that could be great, but I mean, they need work, most of them.
In my dreams I'm just like Nicole Curtis from "Rehab Addict", a cute spunky blonde who restores old victorian homes to their original glory.
OR! Like Sherry and John from "young house love" who do magic like this
Yeah? Yeah? We can do that! Of course!! Easy, piece of cake! Go the store, get supplies, spend a weekend repainting, reupholstering, remodeling. No biggie.
OH wait...what's that? You can't just walk out of the store with all the supplies you need and more and press fast forward on your remote and it's all done? What? Paint, flooring, cabinets, hardware and a toilet costs HOW MUCH!?
Ok, maybe not.
Dear Jesus, please provide a home with a floor, roof, walls and a bathroom. We'll figure out the rest.
Amen.



No comments:
Post a Comment