Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Process of Elimination

It will all be OK.

I used to hate when people would say that. In the face of tragedy or hardship? "It will all work out"? I always struggled with that response as a comfort to anyone in difficult times.

Well, I have found comfort in that lately which has surprised me.

A couple of weeks ago I was upset about trying to be everything for this YL girl. Trying to do everything in my power to maintain her own personal faith, to try to be the one person she could run to, the one person who listened and was there for her every need. And Brit looked at me and said "It will be ok." Those words echoed in my ears. Somehow that was exactly what I needed to hear. Since then, I am learning how to balance my role and responsibility in people's lives and even in my own.

I've been listening to Sara Bareillas' new cd and this song has been on repeat for awhile (The Light)


Nothing better than this
No, I'll let the storm come
You feel just like the sun
Just like the sun

You say
I'll be all right
I'm gonna trust you, babe
Gonna look in your eyes

Yeah, you say
I'll be all right
I'll follow you
Into the light

The past few weeks have been extremely overwhelming adjusting to this new season. I'm leading YL now (no more WL) which is a big leap in itself, adjusting to a new team and running club once a week vs. once a month! Learning how to serve alongside and lead with a whole NEW group of people has been difficult for me. A long with that, my job has been more busy than my entire 4 yr career here. Never, in that four years have I left work as exhausted as I've been the last few weeks. Tight deadlines, extensive and tedious projects have been the death of me lately. My department is going through serious transition right now and I'm definitely feeling the weight of it. Thankfully, I've come through that and things are looking up.

I'm finally in a place of taking a deep breath. I understand now why people say "I'm barely staying a float" or "just coming up for air." Life has felt that way for me lately. Thank goodness, things are slowing down. I've been forced to prioritize projects at work and its been a good life lesson to prioritize other things in my life. In the process of elimination I am learning how to have healthy boundaries. People always say "if you're not being filled up you have nothing to give out." I know what that means now! I literally had to make a schedule of my week to realize how much time I spend where.

"It's going to be OK." I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Finally coming through a time of nearly suffocating with so much activity. It gives me hope for more seasons that will involve hardship and conflict because I know God holds ALL things together. I can honestly say "it will all be ok!" because my God is still on the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment