Wednesday, April 21, 2010

dream
Hello old friend,
I'm sorry it's taken so long to be back in touch. I've known you my whole life (though we have yet to meet in person) and somehow you managed to slip away, shoved under the rug almost! I realize now that has really damaged our relationship and I'm committed to improving that. Now that we're back in touch, I find myself really intrigued with who you are and what you're about. For along time we've been on the same page, running towards the same thing, but now it's like we're starting fresh! You've refreshed my vision, inspired my heart, moved me to respond. This new passion has driven me to think of new things and be more courageous. You know what I think it is? I think this has always been our common ground, that we've always shared this, I'm just now beginning to realize how badly I want it. I want you. And through lots of prayer I believe our friendship can truly blossom into something beautiful.


I won't lie, you kind of scare me. I've kind of avoided you for a while now because once I say yes, well ... God might actually do something with it. It's terrifying and exciting. It's like I could hear you, but I tuned out most of the depth of what you were saying. I only heard what I wanted to hear, the safe stuff. The stuff that was in my control and seemed very much attainable. I stuck with that because, well, I believe that's from God too. But now I see! Now I see that is great and God-given, even inspired ... but now. Now I'm beginning to believe it's ok to Dream. It's good, it's thrilling, it's challenging. It's ok to fight with passion. In order to really maintain a good relationship with you I think I have to first believe my heart is His treasure. Believe I am worth fighting for and that there is people in my life who are fighting for my heart. Because if I am worth fighting for, then so are you! 


One day. One say soon I hope to meet you face-to-face. Until then, let's be in touch, I need you to remind me how wonderful you are. Because you inspire me to be better, to hope for more and to really TRUST that you are possible. 
Sincerely,
Hailey


Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment